Healthy Halloumi Wraps

I have found it to be so difficult to find something quick and easy to eat when you're busy, stressed or tired. What inevitably happens? You order a takeaway, of course.

I got the idea for this recipe when I was in the exact same situation above and I resorted to ordering a takeaway. I found a takeaway that was depicted as being healthy, and it was, but ordering was not the wisest idea because it ended up costing way more than it was worth and taking a long time to come.

I ordered a halloumi wrap with peri-peri chips. The chips admittedly weren't the healthiest, but the halloumi wrap definitely was. 

Here is my take on the recipe which costs way less money than the £6 or so that I paid for it. 

Preparation Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
- Halloumi cheese
- Wraps (I like to use wholemeal wraps as these are healthier)
- Spinach (I prefer spinach to lettuce due to the amount of iron that spinach contains)
- Cucumber, sliced into strips
- Tomatoes (I like to use plum tomatoes)
- Red Onion
- Any dressing of your choice

Method:
1. Cut the halloumi into thin, rectangular pieces and fry on a frying pan until golden brown. You do not need to use any oil.
2. Heat the wrap in a microwave for 5-10 seconds if you would like it warm. Place washed spinach in the centre of the wrap.
3. Chop the cucumber and the red onion into long vertical strips.
4. Either chop tomatoes in long vertical strips or cut the plum tomatoes into halves.
5. Assemble the chopped ingredients in the centre of the wrap, on top of the spinach. Place the fried halloumi on top.
6. Finally, drizzle your favourite dressing on the top. Personal favourite choices of mine are either sweet chilli sauce or garlic mayonnaise.

I hope that you enjoy. I will be posting more easy and quick vegetarian recipes in the near future, so head back here for more.


Healthy Halloumi Wraps Healthy Halloumi Wraps Reviewed by Roshni P. on August 17, 2018 Rating: 5

24 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I try and reply to them all-if you asked a question, check back for a reply ♥

Powered by Blogger.